Waiting a Hardware Aceleration for MP4 Files

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
mloureirojr

Waiting a Hardware Aceleration for MP4 Files

Post by mloureirojr »

Dave had tried to fix some issues I'm having with playing MP4 files on my Windows computer [but the current solutions did not provide a reasonably good frame rate, so I am] waiting for the fix or a future update with Hardware aceleration for mp4 Files...

Thanks

Manny

dave
Site Admin

Re: Waiting a Hardware Aceleration for MP4 Files

Post by dave »

Yes, it's true, kJams currently does NOT use hardware assist when playing movie files. Unfortunately this means that for some Windows computers the frame rate *for movies* is just very low or even choppy. Less noticeable on Mac, it can still be affected if you try to play HD video file on an HD display. (note this generally does NOT affect regular karaoke "Audio+G" files, including MP3+G, which play just fine)

It is my plan that kJams 2 will include hardware acceleration for playing movie files, making playback creamy smooth no matter what type of computer or the size of your video file or display.

mloureirojr

Post by mloureirojr »

Any ETA when Kjam 2 will be avaliable with Video hardware update? And how much gonna cost the upgrade? Hopefully when can buy beta tester. Thank You

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no ETA on that but you can see the schedule of things i'm going to work on.

It will not cost anything for the update (if you already have kJams 2).
if you have kJams 1, then yes there is discounted upgrade fee.

more info on all that here.

datkinson82

Post by datkinson82 »

Did a quick google search and this was the 1st thing I found. I bought some mp4 karaoke thinking it would play in kjams 1 but it was pretty choppy, just wondering do they play any better in kjams 2?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

kJams "Lite", "Pro", and "2" are the exact same program, just that each successive one has more features than the previous. if a feature is shared (eg: search or video playback), it's the exact same feature across all three.