sending video signal to multi-screens from apple laptop

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
lenskaraoke

sending video signal to multi-screens from apple laptop

Post by lenskaraoke »

I bought a DVI to video lead from Apple to send my video signal to multi-screens but it is only coming out in black and white when I use the composite connection. When I use the Video S connection I get colour but I can only feed one monitor. When I was on discs I used a one-video-signal-in and ten-video-signal-out box to feed a number of screens in colour but when I connect the Apple laptop to this it only feeds in black and white.
Can anybody help?

I love Kjams but this is making me miserable. :(

dave
Site Admin

bad connector

Post by dave »

return your connector and get a new one, it's bad. the composite signal should be in color. optionally just use the S-Video plug with the S-Video to Composite cable.

this is not a kJams issue, BTW

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Thanks for that, I have already ordered another one cos I thought that may be the case, I'll let you know the outcome when the new one arrives. I know it's not a kjams problem but I was at my wits end, whatever that is, Len :?

ChurchCat

Re: bad connector

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:
this is not a kJams issue, BTW
But we are so helpful here, it is nice to share.

:D 8)

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

yes always, that's what these forums are for :)

ChurchCat

Re: :)

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:yes always, that's what these forums are for :)
I hope that one day there will be a more social atmosphere here Dave. As kJams becomes massive and you become rich I am hoping that there will a bit more chat here.

Working with the public can be fun or even funny. This would be a nice place to swap stories.

CC

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Well I bought new lead today and tried it and still had the same problem on my monitor so frustrated, I took everything to a pub where I work and connected my laptop up to the three TV's that I use there, Two TV's were in black & white & one was in colour. So it looks like it's the TV's that are at fault. Unless someone out there knows better. I'm of back to the pub now to down my sorrow's, thanks for the help.......Len

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Or should I say drown my sorrow's hic?

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Could it be a problem with your lappy? If the system works with discs. (Does it still work I wonder?) and the lead is o.k. then there is not much else that it could be. :?

Do you have a mate with an Apple portable that you could borrow for an hour or two?

How about a trip to an Apple retailer complete with lead and a monitor to plug in and test?

CC

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

It does'nt work at all on certain TV's regadless of the application. When I use those same TV's with my old system (cdg Karaoke players and the like) I get full colour.
Apple said they would send me a new lead and it turned up today, but it was the wrong lead so that was a dead end, so I think I'll just slit my wrist & it wont be a problem anymore, either that or I may get a PC (spit) and use that.
I will go to the apple store and try it out there before I do anything drastic Like slitting my wrist or worst still getting a PC.....Len

dave
Site Admin

wow.

Post by dave »

:shock:

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

:D .. I've done it. The laptop was set to NTSC & not PAL...Bit embarrassing really :lol: ....saves spending money on a sharp knife......Thanks for all the interest everyone .......Len.
Tell the truth or lose the horse

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

lenskaraoke wrote::D .. I've done it. The laptop was set to NTSC & not PAL...Bit embarrassing really :lol: ....saves spending money on a sharp knife......Thanks for all the interest everyone .......Len.
Yay!

Nice one lenskaraoke it is all to easy to forget that in some parts of the world they use NTSC. It is nice that Apple considers them and includes it in the spec. really.

:wink:

CC

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Thanks ChurchCat, I could'nt agree more Len
Tell the truth or lose the horse

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Hi everyone.

I thought that I would resurrect this thread.

I have just bought a Macbook and video adaptor. I am getting the same black and white issue. Thanks to Len I know what the cause is. :D However I can't figure out how to fix it. :oops:

Anyone know how to switch my video output to PAL?

CC

p.s. I am running Leopard.