Can I Split Screen Images ?

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
JoeC

Can I Split Screen Images ?

Post by JoeC »

I realize the title of this request is a bit misleading, but I didn't know how else to word it.
I want to show the Kjams work screen (the one with my Library and my Playlists, etc.) on my Mac Book Pro and through splitting the video signal to separate monitors, I want to show only the Kjams Karaoke screen (the screen that shows the words during the songs) to the split off monitors.
This will allow me to continue working to add singers' song requests and other work during performances that I don't want to show on the house monitors.
I am currently using the Mini Display Port to send the video signal out through a powered Distribution Amplifier to the monitors.
Also, when I link up to the D.A., the screen image on my MacBook Pro enlarges quite a bit and I seem to not have any control over how large it becomes. Does anyone know if this is normal. (??)
I'm using OS-X 10.6.7.
Thanks.

simpmech

Re: Can I Split Screen Images ?

Post by simpmech »

I'm not sure how basic to go here, I apologize if I get to simplistic. I use this, Videosecu PC to TV Converter VGA to RCA S-Video Mac Computer Laptop to Composite Video Switcher VGA2TV 1L7, bought at Amazon for around $18.00.

I then go to system preferences and then displays. Navigate the "2nd" monitor to not mirror but rather left or right. I use left.
With that adapter I listed you can add monitors, adjust screen size, move image around etc.
Once you have hooked up the 2nd monitor and moved the display to left, on your Mac Book screen simply "drag" the "video" screen from Kjams (the box with the Karaoke words) from that screen to your new monitor.
It takes a couple of times to get it just right with resolution etc. Just have patience and adjust to what looks best for the screen

Hope this helps

tetzel

Post by tetzel »

Simpmech sounds right on.

Sounds like you might have "mirror displays" checked in the ARRANGEMENT tab in your DISPLAYS system preferences. Uncheck that and you'll see how you can easily rearrange the screens to your liking.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

JoeC

Post by JoeC »

Thank you all for the expert advice! It works like a dream! Dave, I appreciate the pictures, too!!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)