problem purchasing songs

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
little_blaine

problem purchasing songs

Post by little_blaine »

After downloading the update of kjams lite for mac (version 1.0d52r0, which installed the chartbuster store) I can no longer purchase songs. I had previously purchased from tricerasoft with credit card, which no longer works, even after re-entering the credit card information. I even purchased a gift pack and entered it in preferences, and this results in the same error "kjams purchase failure". Help please, my karaoke party is in 2 days!

dave
Site Admin

Re: problem purchasing songs

Post by dave »

i need the list of steps you take and the exact consequences of each step. I am not seeing this problem, all the stores are working perfectly for me, so perhaps you're doing something that i am not.

little_blaine

Post by little_blaine »

(noticed an update to r1 so got that)
* start program
* From "Source" panel on left of main window, click on TriceraSoft
* Type name of song in Search entry box (just tried: Stayin Alive)
* On search results, click "Buy Song" button for the song I want (for this search, the SBI version added 12/1/08)
* Are you sure? dialog comes up, I click Yes
* kjams Purchase Failure error dialog pops up almost immediately, offering me the option to edit payment settings

Thanks!

little_blaine

Post by little_blaine »

By the way a couple of things that I thought strange, which may not be relevant:

* The "purchase failed" dialog makes suggestions for fixing the problem that are credit card specific (mistyped number? CCV2 code?) even though I'm using a gift pak. I figured that's just generic text though.
* When I go to edit my payment settings (after upgrading), kjams asks for permission to access my keychain (which I grant). It did not ask for such permission when I tried to buy a song, even thought that was the first thing I did which I thought would need to access the keychain.

By the way I even tried trashing and re-installing the app and deleting the plist file, no change. Can you suggest the best way to reset the application data (including store/payment preferences)? I'm technical and can use the unix terminal. Thanks again.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i tried using your exact steps, and ended up spending $1.99 on "Stayin' Alive" (lol) cuz it worked just fine for me. So i need to see YOUR computer, cuz something must be different. Please get me on iChat.

dberndt7

Post by dberndt7 »

Hi. I'm having the same exact problem that little_blaine is describing. I'm trying to use a gift card on TriceraSoft that I had purchased and am receiving the same error. The gift pack worked with no problem previously, but tonight I'm getting an error. Same steps as described above, same errors. Thanks.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it seems that the Certificate for Tricerasoft has expired, i'm contacting them to rectify this.

little_blaine

Post by little_blaine »

I was able to get this to work by telling Safari to always trust the certificate. I don't think it's expired. If you go to purchase something directly from tricerasoft website, you can examine the certificate, and I think it's the certification authority itself that it doesn't like. On the screen where you get to see certificate details, you have the option to always trust it, and after doing so, purchases again work in kjams.

Dave, again many thanks for spending hours with me on ichat tonight helping me through this. Top notch support indeed.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

good to know thanks!

dberndt7

Post by dberndt7 »

Yes, I just gave it a try and downloads for me are working again. Thanks Dave for the help and working this out!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Yes, they fixed their CERT last night, should be good to go for everyone now!